Sunday 10 January 2010

Chapter 2 Translucent manipulations

I used tissue paper sometimes in single ply, sometimes double or treble,  translucent hand made paper, plastic bag, plastic drinking straws and baking parchment.

a.

1. 1 ply tissue over little mounds

2. 3 ply tissue over mounds

3. twisted and knotted tissue


b.

1. plastic bag cut with fancy scissors and layered in opposite directions

2. tissue ripped and horizontally layered

3. tissue layered over tissue dots

4. plastic bag slit and pushed into ridges


c.

1. plastic drinking straws cut in half - some with cut sides up and some with rounded

2. holey tissue

3. Crumpled fine hand made paper with fibres

4. Strips of twisted tissue


d. 

1. 1 ply tissue on a lot of glue and pushed into formations

2. baking parchment pleated

3. shoebox tissue in irregular pleats

4. plastic bag in irregular pleats


e.

1. crumpled balls of tissue glued close together

2. ripped strips of tissue glued with gaps

3. tissue pleated in three directions

4. tissue scrunched and pleated.


f.

1. twisted and knotted tissue

2. tissue threaded through pieces of plastic straw

3. tissue softly gathered and knotted
















2 comments:

ferinn said...

So that's your secret!
I am determined to use my arm and it is responding though I can't straighten it yet.Perhaps I'll try to do some on my bead sample.I love your paper experiments especially the pleated and knotted ones.Will you be at Summer school this year?

ferinn said...

Not heard of it but looked it up on the 'net and it looks to be a good therapy that works.My arm is getting better but if I get any problems then I'll give it a go.It is much warmer here though we are promised more snow,the novelty has worn off now.It would be nice to see some sun and daffodils to remind us Spring is coming!Happy experimenting.