Tuesday 18 May 2010

chapter 8 Starting to design hanging.

The small black design samples.  1a to e were made using words from the given list and 2a to e using words from my own research list.






These are the small reworkings in colour of some of the black and white samples.  I have added some preliminary thoughts about how they can be translated with fabric and thread.  Number 3 is computer generated using 1b as the starting off point with the ideas of the sediment plume, the double track of twin nets and the scarring of the sea-bed.

Not keen on no. 6

No. 5 has the idea of escape/flight from the horror - but I think it needs more thought.

No.4 is not as elegant as the black and white version - less middle I think.

No. 3 I like very much - but think it might be much clumsier translated

No. 2 is a regular pattern based on the before and after trawling sea bed - could be much more interesting in fabric with related but different before diamonds.

No. 1  I think this is my favourite for mood -  but think I would eliminate the sky area and have the bold shapes defining the top edge. Could have great fun with the contents of the net!







2 comments:

ferinn said...

Is there any stopping you? You've done lots since I last looked.I like the boiling ,swirling shapes in 1 and the diagonals in 2 and 3Could you combine some of these to create your design?

Meg said...

I can't believe how much you have done! Your designs are great.