Saturday 5 September 2009

Chapter 7 Buttons


I had fun with the buttons and toggles.  The largest is a CD with cords bonded in spirals next to a very large Dorset button made with strips of dyed fabric and finished with beads sewn to the circumference.  The smaller dorset buttons are varied in numbers of spokes and placement of weaving, sometimes turning over so both spokes and flat waeving show on one side.

The shiny buttons are made from fabrics scraps sandwiched between clear film and cut out with the soldering iron.

I wrapped various shapes with strips of fabric and metallic threads and had a go at little square spiral buttons on plastic canvas.

The toggles are zapped tyvek and nappy liner. I made a few layers with a heat-resistant layer at the bottom and different zappable fabrics on top and painted nappy liner or tyvek.  The results are very crunchy-looking!

1 comment:

ferinn said...

Wow you've really been busy.I've just begun to look at images of spirals.I'm not looking forward to the colouring paper lark I hated that in Module 1.I like your choice of colours.
Regards,
Jenn